This policy applies to customers about whom K and K Designs International Ltd holds information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ means K and K Designs International Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, registered office at Unit 24, Reydon Business Park, Reydon, Southwold, Suffolk, IP18 6SZ and ‘you’ means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
- information you provide when you contact us by phone, email, fax or post such as your
name, address, email address and telephone number
- information you give to us in person when visiting our showroom, at events; information
related to your attendance of, and interest in events
- information provided to us by contact made via the website.
- information in relation to your purchase of our products.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- provide information about our products;
- keep you informed about events that we think you may find interesting;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you;
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis,statistical and survey purposes;
- keep our website safe and secure;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for security and to check your identity.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us;
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
About any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
We require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not impact materially your rights, freedom or interests.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
- collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer service;
- to make sure you receive updated information on K and K Designs International Ltd business activities;
- to provide the services you have requested; and
- for our own marketing.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies who perform functions on our behalf such as shipping, fulfilling orders, processing payments. These companies are not authorised to use your information in any manner, other than helping us to provide you with products and services or as otherwise required by applicable law.
We may also share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to collect information as is necessary for our legitimate interest to provide services to you in an efficient, secure and personalised way, including:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise this website according to your individual interests
- to speed up your searches
- to recognise you when you return to this website
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of this website.
For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What type of Cookies do we use?
Our website uses a combination of Strictly Necessary Cookies and Analytics Cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies – are essential to allowing you to move around our website and access its features. Such cookies do not gather your information nor track what other Internet sites you have visited. These cookies cannot be disabled.
The cookies used in our website are for the following purposes:
For monitoring whether the ‘Sign up to our Newsletter’ has already been displayed to you as a pop. We monitor this so you are not bothered by on every occasion that you visit our website.
We use Google Analytics Cookies and information collected and stored by these parties are transmitted and stored on servers in the United States of America per their privacy terms. To review their terms and conditions please use the hyperlinks provided below.
How to manage Cookies through the browser
To enable, disable or delete Analytics Cookies at browser level, please refer to the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser; you will need to do this yourself from within your browser. If you disable one or more Analytics Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in
place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is always up to date please email us if it changes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about K and K Designs International Ltd events. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing email@example.com . We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep Your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website. Once you link to another website from our website you are subject to
Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on
0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and we will notify you by email of any significant changes. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
If you do not wish to be contacted in this way or you wish to be permanently removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com or call Head Office t. +44(0)1502 724040