- Measure your track/pole width. N.B. If finials measure the width in between your finials.
- Decide on your heading style.
N.B. Pencil Pleat, Double Pleat, Eyelet = Heading Factor 2 Goblet,Triple Pleat = Heading Factor 3
- Make a note of your chosen fabric width and pattern repeat.
- Measure your overall drop. N.B. If using a pole from top of pole to where you want the curtains to end. i.e. to 1cm before the floor.
- Overall track width is 200cm and the Heading is Pencil Pleat (Heading Factor 2). The Fabric Width is 140cm
You can now calculate the number of widths as follows:-
200 (track/pole width) times by 2 (heading factor) = 400
400 divided by 140 (fabric width) = 2.85714286
Round this last figure up = 3 (rounded up no. of widths)
- Overall drop is 200cm and always allow a hem allowance of 30cm. The pattern repeat of the fabric is 64cm.
You can now calculate the number of pattern repeats per drop as follows:-
200 (overall drop) plus 30 (hem allowance) = 230
230 divided by 64 (pattern repeat) = 3.59375
Round this last figure up = 4 (rounded up pattern repeats per drop)
You can now calculate amount of fabric required (drops) as follows:-
4 (rounded up pattern repeats per drop) times by 64 (pattern repeat) = 256
256 times by 64 (pattern repeat) = 16,384
16,384 times 3 (rounded up no. of widths) = 49,152
Round this last figure up 0.10 metre = 49.2 (metres of fabric required)
Total fabric required = 49.2 metres
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our team for specialist advise.
Head Office t. +44(0)1502 724040